Stonewall Kitchen took the smooth, creamy goodness of an authentic Italian Alfredo Sauce and added fragrant basil. Made with light cream, unsalted butter, Parmesan Cheese, Romano Cheese, Parmigiano Reggiano, basil, and spices; this wonderfully savory and herbal combination adds a rich flavor to this baked pasta and chicken entree.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup baby portobella or cremini mushrooms, cleaned, stems removed and sliced
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper, cored, seeded and large diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- Salt and pepper
- 10 ounces ziti
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and diced chicken
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Basil Alfredo Sauce
- 1/4 cup scallions (white and green parts), minced
- 4 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs (such as parsley and basil), chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch or 3-quart baking dish.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Sauté mushrooms and bell peppers. When slightly soft add tomatoes and sauté several more minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta according to package directions until not quite al dente. Drain.
- Combine vegetables, pasta, chicken Basil Alfredo Sauce, scallions, bacon and 1 cup mozzarella and mix.
- Place pasta mixture in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on top. Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese bubbles. Sprinkle fresh herbs over the top and serve.
Recipe courtesy Stonewall Kitchen