A classic Italian favorite appetizer.
- 12 – 14 ripe plum tomatoes
- 1 med garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup Frantoio di Montecroce “Gentile” EVOO
- Sea Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 8 slices French bread, sliced thick
Dice tomatoes in 1/4″ pieces and place in a bowl. Toss with minced garlic and onions. Chop basil coarsely, and add to tomato mixture along with Montecroce “Delicato” EVOO, salt and pepper. Let stand 10 to 20 minutes for flavors to blend. Place bread on cookie sheet and place under broiler until both sides are lightly browned. Remove from broiler. Arrange bread on serving tray. Top each piece with tomato mixture and serve immediately.