Stuffed Red Peppers with Goat Cheese makes a great tapas or side dish.
- 4 Whole Fire Roasted Piquillo Peppers
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped DOP San Marzano Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Romanico Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon torn fresh basil leaves
- & black pepper to taste
Preheat the oven broiler.
In a bowl, mix the goat cheese and chopped tomatoes together. Carefully slice and spead out the peppers. Spoon an equal amount of the cheese mixture into the hollow of each pepper.
Place stuffed peppers length-wise in a baking dish. Top each pepper evenly with the bread crumbs and torn basil. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Place under broiler for 5 to 10 minutes until bread crumbs are lightly browned.
Note: Save your left-over basil in our Herb-savor Pod.