This Vanilla Bean Italian Gelato Starter creates a lush gelato at home that is perfect for any occasion, from birthday parties to holiday gatherings. And best of all, it is made with wholesome natural ingredients such as sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup and pure ground vanilla beans.
Italian Vanilla Bean Gelato
Recipe Type: Dessert
Recipe courtesy Bellagio.
- Ice cream maker method
- 1 Packet Bellagio Vanilla Bean Italian Gelato Starter
- 1 ½ cups cold Half & Half
- 1 ½ cups cold heavy whipping cream
- For blender or mixers leave out Half & Half
- (Ice Cream Maker method) In a large bowl, whisk together the Bellagio Vanilla Bean Italian Gelato Starter and Half & Half until the starter has dissolved. Stir in the heavy cream. Transfer the mixture into an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions.
- (Blender method) Pour ingredients into blender and blend to a stiff peak. Transfer mixture into a container, cover and freeze until firm, at least 3 hours before serving.
- (Mixer method) Pour ingredients into a large bowl. Mix on high speed to a stiff peak. Transfer gelato mixture into a container, cover and freeze until firm, at least 3 hours before serving.
- Choose up to 3 mix ins and add at the end of freezing stage by gently folding until all ingredients are evenly mixed in (For blender/mixer method gently fold in at the end of blending).