Risotto Garden Primavera
A colorful summertime side dish.
- 1 (32 ounce) carton chicken broth
- 1 cup Vialone Nano Rice
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced red and/or yellow bell pepper
- 5 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 can San Marzano Tomatoes, Diced
- 1 small package frozen vegetables with peas and carrots (or
any perferred mix)
- 5 tablespoons Rosemary infused olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
In a saucepan heat broth to boiling.
In another pan saute rice in 2 tblsp rosemary infused olive oil to coat. Add 1 cup hot broth to rice;cook stirring constantly until broth is almost absorbed. Repeat, adding 1 cup broth at a time, stirring until broth is almost absorbed and rice is tender about 15 minutes total.
Next, in a large skillet heat 3 tblsp rosemary infused olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, bell pepper, mushrooms and tomatoes and saute for 5 minutes. Stir in frozen vegetables, salt, and ground black pepper. Cook for approximately 10 minutes, stirring often, until vegetables are tender and crisp.
On large serving dish, pour vegetable mixture over cooked rice and gently fold in. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and basil and serve.