This pasta dish utilizes the fresh garden flavors of zucchini, yellow squash, cherry tomatoes, and herbs that are abundant this season in home gardens throughout most of the North America.
Summer Squash Pasta
Recipe Type: Main
Recipe courtesy Karol Muench Zeigler.
- 1 large green zucchini, cut in quarters
- 1 large yellow squash. cut in quarters
- 1 box lasagna noodles, uncooked and broken into pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 c grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Lemon pepper seasoning salt
- Chopped fresh chives
- 1 bunch parsley for garnish
- Bring pot of water to a boil (remember to add salt to the water)
- Cut zucchini and squash in quarters and toss with salt, set aside. Cut tomatoes in half.
- Add broken lasagna pieces to boiling water and cook until al dente. Remember to stir so the pasta does not stick together.
- While pasta is still boiling, melt butter in skillet. Add tomatoes and cook until soft. Add zucchini, squash and lemon pepper seasoning. Cook another 5 min. Crush the tomatoes and continue to stir.
- Drain pasta and return pasta to the pot. Add the vegetable mixture, chopped chives and Parmesan cheese to the pot and mix thoroughly. Transfer to plates and garnish with additional Parmesan cheese and chives and finish with parsley.