No ordinary marinated vegetable salad.
Marinated Vegetable and Olive Salad
- 2 tablespoons Olio Novello 274th EVOO
- 1/4 cup(s) Badia Merlot Bittersweet Wine Vinegar
- 1 pound(s) carrots, peeled
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup Green Picholine Olives
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- Fresh flat-leaf or Italian parsley sprigs, (optional)
Trim cauliflower and separate or cut into small flowerets. Cut carrots into 2 1/2- to 3-inch by 1/2-inch sticks. In 5-quart saucepot, heat 2 inches water to boiling over high heat. Add carrots and reheat water to boiling.
Add cauliflower to water with carrots. Cook vegetables just until tender-crisp. Drain vegetables and rinse with cold water; set aside in large bowl or food-storage container.
In jar with tight-fitting lid, combine oil, vinegar, chopped parsley, sugar, salt, dry mustard, and pepper until well mixed for the marinade. Pour over vegetables; toss and cover. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
.Just before serving, add olives to vegetables and toss until well mixed. Spoon into serving bowl. Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.
Note: Get most of these ingredients in our Salad Days Gift Basket and save.
Recipe adapted from delish.com