Mix cream and honey together and the result is an ambrosial dessert with a velvety mouth feel. Delicate and sweet, the addition of lavender adds a floral element that stimulates the palate even further. We believe this may be the perfect scoop of ice cream ever. For now….
L’Abeille Occitane has been producing all-natural honeys in the heart of Provence for over 30 years. Processed cold so they don’t lose their flavor or any nutritional value, they specialize in mono-varietal honeys by collecting honey from bees fed on specific plants and trees, so each has a unique flavor. The additional flavor of L’Abeille Occitane Lavender Honey is attributed to the bees feeding predominantly on beautiful fields of lavender. It is a pure and natural product that does not contain artificial colors or preservatives.
2 cups whole milk
1/4 cup dried lavender
1/3 cup Pure Lavender Honey by L’Abeille Occitane
5 large egg yolks
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup heavy cream
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, lavender, and lavender honey. Bring to a gentle boil, cover, and remove from heat. Let steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain mixture, reserving milk and discarding lavender.
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in the bowl. Beat on medium-high speed with a mixer until very thick and pale yellow, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, return milk to saucepan, and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Add half the milk to egg-yolk mixture (to temper) and whisk until blended. Stir mixture into remaining milk.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon. Remove from heat, and immediately stir in cream.
- Place a medium mixing bowl in an ice-water bath, strain mixture into it, and let stand until chilled, stirring from time to time.
- Freeze in an ice-cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Store in an airtight plastic container up to 2 weeks.