Nothing says summer like a Key Lime Pie. This version, topped with fresh whipped cream, uses a combination of ready-made graham cracker crust and prepared key lime filling along with other fresh ingredients for a simple yet mouthwatering summer dessert. Serve it to guests or keep it to yourself. Either way, this Key Lime Pie will be a huge hit.
This recipe uses Key Lime Spread by Bella Cucina available here.
Easy Key Lime Pie with Fresh Whipped Cream
- 9″ ready-made graham cracker crust
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 jars of Key Lime Spread by Bella Cucina
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp grated lime peel
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1/4 c sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brush the graham cracker pie crust with the lightly beaten egg white, then bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine Key Lime Spread, sour cream and lime peel. Blend until smooth. Pour into graham cracker crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven and let cool to room temp. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- With a hand mixer, whisk whipping cream in a mixing a bowl. Once the cream begins to thicken, forming soft peaks, add sugar. Continue whisking until stiff peaks are formed being careful not to over-whisk turning it into butter.
- Top cooled key lime pie with fresh whipped cream and serve.