This Stonewall Kitchen recipe for cornbread (or spoonbread) makes an easy task of serving family and friends for parties or serving buffet style meals. The sweetness of the corn plays off the heat of of the hot pepper jelly for a flavorful side dish that pairs well with country ham, duck, or poultry.
Hot Pepper Jelly Cornbread by Stonewall Kitchen
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shortening, melted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Red Pepper Jelly
- 1 can (7oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 8 oz. sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add all of the above ingredients and stir well.
- Grease an 8×8” baking pan well and pour mixed ingredients into it.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cut in half and toast or grill. Wrap well to keep moist.