Try this as a meatless alternative during Lent
Mediterranean Tuna Melt Recipe
- 1 loaf focaccia bread
- 2 to 3 pieces Bonito del Norte Tuna Fillets flaked
- 2 tablespoons Artichoke Lemon Pesto
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 slices sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced
- Coarse Sea Salt, ground Pink Peppercorns to taste
In a small bowl or cup, combine mayonnaise, Artichoke Lemon Pesto, Tuna Fillets, onion, sweet pickle relish and parsley. Season with salt, pepper and garlic to taste. Lightly toss to evenly mix all ingredients. Set aside.
Preheat oven broiler.
Slice focaccia bread length-wise and cut into 4 sandwich sizes. Set all facing up on a baking sheet. Place a half slice of cheese on the top side and a scoop of the tuna mix on the bottom side of each sandwich slice.
Set the baking sheet under the broiler until cheese is melted and tuna is warmed. Remove from oven. Place the tomato slices on tuna and combine the two halves of the sandwiches. Serve immediately.