The marinade makes all the difference in the sandwich
Grilled Tuscan Panini Sandwich Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Tuscan Marinade
- 12 sliced of crusty bread or focaccia
- 1/4 cup Frantoio di Montecroce “Delicato” EVOO
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- 6 slices Provolone cheese
Pound chicken breasts until 1/2 inch thick. Place in a plastic bag with Stonewall Kitchen Tuscan Marinade. Allow to marinate1-4 hours up to overnight periodically massaging the marinade into the meat.
Grill chicken until an internal temperature of 170 degrees is achieved (remove from grill at about 165 degrees and allow to rest, temperature will continue to rise to 170 degrees F).
Brush top side of each piece of bread with olive oil. Spread the mayonnaise on the other side of bread. Place in the middle of bread slices the grilled chicken, basil, tomato slices and provolone cheese. Place oiled sides on grill briefly to grill bread and melt cheese. Serve immediately.
Note: Keep your basil fresh longer and save them in our Herb-savor Pod.
Recipe courtesy of Stonewall Kitchen