- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 (6 ounce) package herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix
- 2 large Golden Delicious apples – peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 jar (7 ounces) Whole Cooked Chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2/3 cup turkey/chicken broth
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and slowly cook and stir the onions and celery until soft. Transfer to a large bowl.
Mix in the stuffing mix, Golden delicious apples, chestnuts and turkey/chicken broth, Increase the amount of broth, if desired.
Transfer the mixture to a non-stick, medium baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Recipe from allrecipes.com