A simple, yet elegant. The addition of pancetta brings the dish in perfect balance.
Cheese Tortellini With San Marzano Tomato Sauce Recipe
- 3 tablespoons Morgenster Stellenbosch EVOO
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can DOP San Marzano Tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 slices pancetta bacon, raw
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese-filled tortellini
- 2 tablespoons Fattoria Estense Silver Label balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to directions on box, drain.
Return onion/bacon mixture to skillet, add tomatoes and crush them with the back of a wooden spoon as they are being heated through. Let them simmer with the pancetta and onion mixture for five minutes or so and then add the pasta. Mix and serve with the cheese and vinegar.
Recipe from allrecipes.com