This meatless lasagna dish is perfect for Lent or Meatless Mondays. It is packed with delicious vegetables like spinach and mushrooms, creamy ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, and garnished with our favorite butternut squash sauce.
Butternut Squash Lasagna
Recipe Type: Main
- 8 sheets no boil lasagna
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 ounces frozen spinach, thawed, cooked, drained well
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Butternut Squash Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Lightly grease an 8 x 8-inch baking dish. Place sheets of no boil pasta in hot water in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish; make sure pasta does not stick together while it soaks 10 – 15 minutes. Drain off water. Keep pasta separated so the sheets do not stick.
- In a medium size bowl combine the ricotta cheese, cream, egg yolk, pinch of nutmeg, salt, spinach and 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese.
- In a medium size sauté pan heat the olive oil. Add the mushrooms and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté mushrooms until tender and moisture has evaporated.
- Spread a small amount of sauce on the bottom of the baking dish. Place two sheets of lasagna side-by-side. Spread 1/3 ricotta mixture over pasta, spread 1/3 cooked mushrooms over ricotta and 1/3 spinach, and 1/2c of mozzarella – top with 1/4 jar Butternut Squash Sauce. Repeat layers of ricotta, mushrooms, spinach, mozzarella and sauce two more times. Top with the last two sheets of lasagna.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbling. Allow dish to sit 10 minutes before serving.