4 pounds fresh tomatoes -- quartered
10 cloves garlic
1 small carrot -- peeled and finely
-- chopped 2 tablespoons olive oil
salt freshly ground black pepper 1/2 cup minced shallots
2 tablespoons grated fresh horseradish
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
3 cups v-8 juice
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
2 lemons -- juice of
1 pint yellow tear drop tomatoes
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup small fresh tarragon leaves
1/4 cup small fresh chervil leaves
1/4 cup small fresh flat leaf parsley
drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. On a baking sheet, toss the tomatoes garlic, carrots and olive oil together .
3. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes, or until the tomatoes a re tender. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
4. In a food processor with a metal blade, combine the roasted tomatoes shallo ts, horseradish, and parsley. Puree the mixture until slightly smooth.
5. Add the v-8 juice, Worcestershire sauce, and juice from 2 lemons. Puree un til the mixture is smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Remove the mixture fr om the food processor and chill completely.
6. In a mixing bowl, toss the tear drop tomatoes, red onions, basil, tarragon, chervil, and parsley. Season with a drizzle of the extra-virgin olive oil, sa lt and pepper.
7. To serve, ladle the soup into each bowl. Garnish each soup with the tomato and herb salad.
Yields: 6 to 8 servings.
Things getting just a little too cool for you? As the summer winds down and the chill sets in, cuddle up to a nice bowl of soup and a fresh salad. Good Morni ng America provides viewers with a recipe that's both tasty and soothing.
Spicy Tomato Soup and Salad See how you can stay warm as summer cools down. Ai rdate: 8/21/98
MC formatted by Barb at Possum Kingdom using MC Buster & SNT on 8/23/98